Pickles and ice cream, anyone? I haven’t actually craved much in the way of ice cream, and though pickles sound good, we don’t have them around here. (They pickle every vegetable BUT cucumber where we live!)
What I HAVE craved is lemonade. According to my local Chinese friends, this means that I am having a boy (because lemonade is sour) and having a girl (because lemonade is sweet). Does the fact that my recipe makes lemonade more sour than sweet mean anything? 🙂
Here’s my somewhat-sour but still-sweet lemonade recipe:
Whole Lemon Lemonade
3 lemons (experiment to find what kind you like best)
1 1/2 cups sugar
7 cups water
1. Scrub lemon peels (you’ll be throwing the whole thing, even seeds, into the blender) and cut into eighths.
2. Combine lemons, sugar, and 1 cup of the water in a blender. Process til smooth.
3. Strain through a fine sieve into a glass container.
4. Add back in up to 1 Tbsp of the pulp & peel you strained off (amount you use determines sourness… I like 1, Paul likes none)
5. Add rest of water and stir.
Makes 8 cups.
p.s. I would have taken the photo with the jar still full (the recipe made two; it’s a reused jar pineapple came in)… but I drank it too fast!!