Ooops! I was revising the Mama Cooks page (sort of our online family recipe box) and realized that I’d never converted the Granola Goodness recipe into U.S. measurements as promised last October! I finally got around to it, so here you go!
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. honey
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. sesame seeds
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. dried fruit (raisins, banana chips, or pineapples are our favorites)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Brush a large pan with oil.
2. Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl, measuring out the oil and then the honey (makes the honey slide out of the measuring cup more smoothly).
3. Mix oats, seeds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in the wet ingredients until everything is coated.
4. Spread granola evenly on the baking sheet.
5. Bake 40 or so minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until the granola is golden brown.
6. Remove quickly to a large bowl (so it won’t stick) and as it cools, stir in dried fruits.
7. After cooling, store in airtight containers. Serve with yogurt, top desserts, or eat as cereal!
Someone please try this out so I know I converted it correctly!