“What’s this doing out on the counter?” Baba asks.
“Oh no! I must have left it out this morning!” Mama replies (and it is now 9pm). No use crying over spoilt milk, so my brain starts turning… and then my fingers are turning the pages in our family cookbook to this favorite recipe! Hope you enjoy it as much as we have been all week!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup sugar (all white or 1.5 c. white .25 c. brown)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soured milk
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Fold dry ingredients into first bowl.
4. Microwave milk with margarine til margarine melted. Add slowly to batter, stirring gently.
5. Pour into greased & floured cake pan 9″ round cake pan.
6. Bake 30 minutes.
7. Optionally sprinkle top with powdered sugar.