by Lori Ann
After months of experimenting with buckwheat, I’ve finally developed my perfect buckwheat recipe. I can’t wait til Tigger is old enough to eat it! Click “more” below to read it and try it out for yourself.
- 1.5 c. raw buckwheat groats
- 1.5 Tbsp. yogurt (or vinegar, whey, etc. acid medium)
- 1.5 c. water (might need more at regular altitude)
- 1.5 c. milk (might need more at regular altitude)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. brown sugar (or honey)
- fruit (1/2 banana per serving is great)
- Soak groats in water + yogurt overnight.
- In morning, rinse groats and toast (5 minutes of dry, medium heat).
- Pour groats, milk, cinnamon, and salt in pot and bring to boil. Add brown sugar and bananas.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, until the consistency of cooked oatmeal (add milk if too try, simmer longer if too wet).
- Serve warm with optional yogurt and additional fruit spooned over top.
Have you tried any adventuresome grain recipes I might like? Is there anything I’ve mentioned you’d like a recipe for? Remember, all comments are an entry to the September giveaway, and if you don’t want the necklace yourself, think of a nursing Mama you could gift it to!