by Lori Ann
I had never heard of Dutch Pancakes (also called Oven Pancakes) until I searched for pancake recipes using lots of eggs. They fluff it up nicely, resulting in a texture similar to french toast. Baba hates eggs but loves this recipe, so it makes its rounds for our weekly pancake breakfasts!
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Melt butter in round cake pan while preparing other ingredients.
- Beat eggs, flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk slowly, beating until smooth. Pour batter on top of butter in the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400F/200c degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 160C degrees and bake until golden brown, about 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm, topped with fresh fruit and honey or maple syrup.
Try it and let me know what you think! I’d also love any other pancake recipes you have for our family’s Pancake Saturdays.