One-Yard Wonders is my absolute favorite sewing book! I refer to the “Sewing Fundamentals” section all the time, and I made H’s pinafore for her first birthday and smock for her second from patterns in it. I’m also working on its fabric barn playhouse, and have more fabric from Kathleen I want to use for two of the toddler dresses. I’ve bookmarked the “Charging Station,” “Tabletop Ironing-board Cover” (since I burnt a hole in mine), “All-you-need Sewing Kit,” “Not-Ugly Car Trash Bag,” “Matt’s Map Bag,” “Convertible Craft Apron,” “Growth Chart,” and “Checkers to Go” to make over the next year or so. It’s rare I find a book with so many patterns I really like!
Smock (more photos here):
More Fabric Barn Playhouses:
- original tutorial (same as published in book) at UK Lass in US
- more barn photos at UK Lass in US
- James Family Blog’s Barn Photos
- “More Ideas” for barns at UK Lass in US
- Lucky Knitter’s fabric barn (photo below:)